spend your time as if you live here.
MY KYOTO TIME
"OOZORA" means "big sky" in Japanese. The sky above us is always so different.
The clear blue gives us freshness and strength, the sunset red gives us relief.
The clouds that covers the sun, and the rain reminds us of our sad feelings, but the seeing the sun gives us hope again.
From your city to the city of Kyoto, we have the same sky, and we hope to be the BIG SKY to you,
always welcoming you with warmth.
About Our Houses
- Opening April 27, 2022
- Kyo no Oozora Gion Kawasemi is a sophisticated getaway in the back of a quiet alley near Shirakawa River which flows through the center of Gion. It has the one-storied lounge building which has two different atomospheric garden, the Cypress baths with soothing scent and the guestroom building which has bed room and Japanese-style room. Each building is luxuriously available for one party. We provide Kyoto’s local sake at no charge in the lounge building. You can enjoy luxurious time.
- Opening July, 2021
- Kyo no Oozora Gion Kihana has brilliant light made of various atomospheric blown glass and traditional Kyokarakami on the open ceiling. You can also enjoy an illuminated garden of small bamboo at night. Please adjust brightness in modern rooms as you please and stay relaxed.
- Traditional atomosphere and history Fascinated by modern feeling
- Kyo no Oozora Fuka Kikyo has traditional atomosphere. On the other hand, it also has modern atomosphere. You can view the garden which represents the history of Kyo-Machiya at Japanese style confortable living room and soak in the semi-outdoor bath watching admirable beam and alcove. You will discover how nice the mixture of fashionable atomosphere and modern space is.
- Comfortable mixture of tradition and innovation
- Kyo no Oozora Fuka Yamabuki provides modernity and the atomosphere of Kyo-Machiya. It has open bath where you feel like being in gardens and comfortable space which match traditional Kyoto’s decoration. You can enjoy youthfulness and tradition of Kyoto.
- Stay in spacious Oriyadate-house
- Kyo no Oozora Saika Ori no Yado has a open ceiling typically found in the Oriya-style weaver’s house and comfortable Zen rock garden. It provides the confortable and healing time which fit trip distination. You can enjoy slowly and special time.
- Traditional and gorgeous
- A “Machiya” well furnished with tradition and splendor. Experience the real Kyoto`s “Machiya” life holiday.
- Spacious and relaxation
- You can experience this real “Machiya”`s history by looking up the ceiling once you stepped in the house. Let yourself feel the relaxing and slow time just to enjoy your holiday.
- Feel your self at home in the real “Kyo Machiya”
- It is not just a rental house. You will feel like it is your other home located in Kyoto… You will find yourself feeling at home.
KOMINKA : An old house in Japanese.
With highly designed and atmosphere of Japanese traditional culture,
and promise to a safe and comfortable stay,
“HOUKA” is the first certified “KOMINKA” accommodation facility in Kyoto.
With our wish for our customer`s comfortable and safe stay, we are appraised by the Japan Kominka Associaton.
We are the first accommodation in Kyoto certified with “Superior Quality”.